It’s executing the whole test program!!!
The test program:
What we expect after running this:
- Both registers A and B containing the value $CA
- that means writing to and reading from RAM works
- The program counter being set to address $0009 (where the jump is) as the jump instruction is executed
- hence, the instruction repeating itself
- instead of the program counter incrementing past address $000B
As you can see below, both registers contain the value $CA and the program counter falling back to $0009 after reaching $000B.
The red vertical line marks the time of the first jump.
Zooming in to the first jump:
Et voila! The CPU works as expected :-)